With the Mature Your Own Whisky Kityou can enjoy the (slightly sloshed) satisfaction of making whisky in your home, without all those pesky explosions and police raids.
Simply take two bottles of new-makeMalted Barley spirit (included), and pour them through the funnel (also included) into your freshly toasted Kentucky Oak barrel of Medium to heavy char (yep, it’s included too), then, you play the waiting game. Anywhere from a few days to a few months and you’ll be able to celebrate your alcoholic achievement with a dram of your very own home-brewed whisky.
Please drink responsibly www.drinkaware.co.uk
- 1x fresh Kentucky Oak barrel
- 2x 500ml bottles of new-make spirit
A few pointers:
- You may need to give the tap a good old whack to ‘seat’ it in the barrel. Don’t go nuts and break the barrel, but ‘pushing it in’ isn’t enough.
- If the hoops around the barrel feel a bit loose or there’s a bit of seepage from the cask ends when you fill it, pour some hot water in before beginning to help the wood expand and become watertight.
- The Fresh Oak barrel means that the first fill will be incredibly powerful in terms of Oak influence/flavour. You’ll be able to re-use the barrel at least two more times before the oak influence wanes.
- The rate of evaporation from these puppies is quite large. The reason for this is two-fold. Due to the high surface area – volume ratio of the barrel and lack of proper temperature control during maturation. You can probably expect to lose between 3% and 5% per month if you’re keeping them at room temperature.
- Alcohol 63.5% (May vary depending on process)
- Oak Barrel measures approximately 15cm(L) x 11cm(Ø)