This book has dragged thousands of students through their uni days without signs of malnourishment or gross obesity. This is the 4th edition of Nosh for Students, a book originally inspired by the author’s son, Ben, who left for university with no cooking skills. Toasted sandwiches and Mars bars were his staple diet, but these didn’t serve him too well! What was needed to encourage him to cook was an easily attainable taste of home, oh, and pictures with every recipe! Nosh for Students was born. Since then, Joy has helped over 150,000 students get cooking with her straightforward and simple approach. Joy helps to take the chore out of cooking, giving students a taste of success and making the experience so much fun.
- Its fun, easy to use, interesting and even my MUM uses it…a bargain price.
- This book was a present just before leaving for uni. I have now finished my 2nd year and its my bible! …the recipes are all really easy and inexpensive.
- A beautifully illustrated book…It’s easy to follow & you don’t need tons of equipment – not even scales!
- This book is absolutely amazing. I started university not being able to cook and now I cook shepherd’s pie, curry and full roast dinners just a year afterwards. This book has revolutionized my eating habits!A menu for a week and planning what to buy will revolutionize spending habits too.
- If your child is starting uni please buy them this book because I really do not know how I would have got through uni without it.
- What Mums and Others Say… Beware! May reduce phone calls home…from what I can gather, this book has been in daily use in my daughter’s new household for the last 6 weeks… she’s almost stopped phoning up to say ;How do I cook this?
- I sent my lad off to university with a variety of student cookery books alongside a slow cooker. The slow cooker remains unused as are the other books – apart from this one. He shares a house with 5 lads, they all use this book. My son never used to do any cooking, but now he cooks for himself every day!